Depression Counseling in Salem NH
There are multiple causes of depression such as childhood trauma, addiction to drugs and alcohol, excessive stress, mental health problems, or genetic inheritance. In severe cases of depression, a person can have suicidal thoughts and there are dangers of self-harm. If you are suffering from depression, you are not alone. Every life matters and that is why Advanced Psych Care is here to help patients who are going through a tough time fighting their depression. If you or someone you know is showing symptoms of depression, feel free to reach out to us. Our experienced psychiatric nurse practitioner, Norrine McNelley, PMHNP-BC is here to help. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 202 Main Street Suite 102 Salem, NH 03079
Table Of Contents:
Depression is a mental health condition that affects a person’s thoughts, feelings, and actions. Common symptoms of depression include:
– Persistent sadness – This is characterized by feeling down for the majority of the day, almost every day, or for at least two weeks.
– Lack of energy or fatigue – Having low energy levels despite getting enough rest can signify depression.
– Loss of interest in activities – A major sign of depression is losing enjoyment or interest in once-enjoyed activities such as hobbies or socializing.
– Changes in weight or appetite – Significant changes in appetite, such as overeating or appetite loss, and weight changes can be signs of depression.
– Changes in sleep patterns – Trouble falling asleep, insomnia, and oversleeping are potential depression symptoms.
– Difficulty concentrating – Problems focusing or making choices can be related to depression.
– Physical symptoms – Physical symptoms that are not related to a physical cause like headaches or digestive issues can be caused by depression.
– Suicidal ideation – Severe depression can result in thoughts or attempts of suicide.
Depression can be outlined in 3 levels:
– Mild depression – People who have mild depression exhibit some depressive symptoms but are still able to go about their daily lives. Even though they may feel irritable, sad or tired, they can still adequately engage in work, school, or hobbies.
– Moderate depression – People who have moderate depression have more noticeable symptoms that interfere with their day-to-day activities. They might have difficulty finishing tasks, lose interest in activities, have trouble sleeping or eating, and struggle to complete tasks. They also often experience feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness.
– Severe depression – People who are suffering from severe depression have frustrating and restrictive symptoms which have a significant negative impact on their ability to function. Symptoms often include struggling to get out of bed, feeling extremely hopeless, and in some cases contemplating suicide. Professional assistance is necessary for alleviating the symptoms of severe depression.
Yes, telehealth visits for depression and other mental health issues are available at Advanced Psych Care. Our patients can receive mental health care through telehealth visits which are also referred to as virtual visits from the comfort of their own homes or another convenient location. Through a secure video conferencing platform patients can interact in real-time with their mental health specialist. Telehealth has a number of benefits such as improved convenience and fewer obstacles to treatment such as transportation and mobility issues.
At Advanced Psych Care our team of skilled mental health professionals is dedicated to offering top-notch mental health care through telehealth visits. We provide a variety of depression treatment options, including psychotherapy and medication management. If you’re interested in scheduling a telehealth visit for depression we are here to help! Our clinic is committed to offering compassionate mental health care to our patients. We look forward to helping you on your journey toward improved mental health and well-being.
There are a variety of techniques that can assist you in reducing the symptoms of depression. A few helpful strategies include:
– Consult a mental health professional – Consulting a mental health professional is the first step in coping with depression. A mental health professional can assist you in recognizing your symptoms, creating a treatment strategy, and getting the support you need as you recover.
– Take care of yourself – Self-care is a crucial component of managing depression. This can involve maintaining a healthy weight, exercising frequently, following a sleeping schedule, and abstaining from drugs and alcohol.
– Participate in enjoyable activities – Finding enjoyable activities to do can help you feel happier and less depressed. This can involve engaging in hobbies or spending quality time with loved ones.
– Try relaxation methods – Stress and anxiety can worsen symptoms of depression. Relaxation methods such as deep breathing, meditation, and yoga can help reduce these emotions.
– Set small goals – Regaining a sense of control and accomplishment through the achievement of modest goals can boost your mood and motivation.
For more information or depression counseling with our professionals, call us. Advanced Psych Care looks forward to hearing from you soon! We serve patients from Salem NH, Windham NH, Atkinson NH, Plaistow NH, Pelham NH, Hampstead NH, Danville NH, and Derry NH