Holistic Mental Health Clinic in Salem NH
Holistic mental health is an approach to mental well-being that emphasizes the interdependence of a person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Advanced Psych Care is a holistic mental health clinic that offers services for your mental well-being. Connect with Norrine McNelley, PMHNP-BC for proper consultation. For more information, contact us or schedule a telepsychiatry appointment online. We are conveniently located at 202 Main Street Suite 102 Salem, NH 03079.
Table of Contents:
Holistic mental health can be defined as the practice of viewing the whole person and aligning all aspects of his or her mental health to whole person excellence. Holistic mental health is often promoted as a complementary approach to traditional medical treatments to help patients heal, regain their health, and improve their quality of life. This holistic approach emphasizes the importance of all aspects of a person’s mental health, which includes physical, mental, emotional, and social wellbeing. Holistic mental health gives the whole person a voice that is not often heard in the traditional medical model, as it directly addresses the patient’s concerns while also emphasizing the importance of whole-person care.
Yes, mental health is part of holistic health. Holistic mental health involves treating the whole person in order to heal the mind, body and soul. The patient is prioritized in a holistic approach, not their symptoms or diagnosis. The focus of treatment is the patient, not their diagnosis, symptoms, or behaviors. It adopts a medical strategy and supplements it with other forms of therapy. To stabilize the brain chemistry with specific diagnoses, dietary changes are often utilized in conjunction with a variety of treatment activities.
A holistic strategy for mental well-being has a number of benefits, including:
– The mind can be used as a healing tool when holistic approaches are used. It can be just as effective at treating symptoms as psychotropic medications by preparing the mind to reshape a given scenario or to react differently to a stimulating event.
– Every symptom is addressed in the treatment of mental health problems, including:
– Since stress causes mental health problems, it is crucial to control stress through the use of holistic remedies to move closer to wellbeing.
– The symptoms of anxiety, despair, and mood swings can be completely eliminated, and a balanced diet and increased physical activity can improve sleep.
“Holistic” means “emphasizing the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts”; therefore, in mental health, this takes a much broader approach than traditional psychiatry, which typically bases the treatments’ success on how well they are able to alleviate symptoms. A holistic assessment in mental health takes into consideration all of the interworking and interrelated aspects that impact and influence mental health and psychological wellbeing, including social, familial, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
Mental holistic development is the intellectual, psychological, mental and emotional growth of a person. There are many ways to practice mental holistic development, including:
– Exercise and Relaxation Techniques — These can help to reduce stress and promote feelings of calmness and centeredness.
– Healthy Lifestyle Choices — This includes healthful eating habits, getting enough quality sleep every night, and spending time in nature; all of these activities can help to improve mental wellbeing.
– Practicing Gratitude and Positive Thinking — Having an attitude of gratitude can also boost mental and physical health by helping shift one’s perspective and fostering greater happiness.
– Practicing Mindfulness and Self-Compassion — Mindfulness is one of the most important things to living a happy and fulfilling life; coupled with self-acceptance and self-compassion, mindfulness can help people to become more aware of their thoughts and feelings, and develop greater kindness towards themself and others.
The mental health specialists at Advanced Psych Care can help you improve your mental well-being and overall quality of life. Call us today to book an appointment with our holistic mental health specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently. For more information, call us. We serve patients from Salem NH, Windham NH, Atkinson NH, Plaistow NH, Pelham NH, Hampstead NH, Danville NH, and Derry NH.